Vegan and Vegetarian
Once considered one of PETA
’s Top 10 Vegetarian-Friendly Ballparks, Petco Park sadly has not received this accolade since 2013. The intense variety of food options is dazzling, but when it comes to vegetarian options, San Diego is not a leader.
Still, this is California so vegetarians and vegans need not fear. Top vegetarian options at Petco Park include vegetable sushi, grilled tofu wraps, grilled veggie sandwiches and of course veggie dogs and burgers. Look for veggie dogs at Friar Franks throughout the park.
For in-between meal vegetarian snacks, look for fresh fruit cups, salads, hummus and guacamole at Cardiff Seaside Market in the main concourse near section 105.
Din Tai Fung
Hit up the new outpost of Din Tai Fung
at Petco Park for a unique vegan ballpark treat: Wild Mushroom Vegan Bun (2 for $9) filled with bean curd, baby bok choy, shiitake mushrooms, glass noodles and jicama.
Other Vegetarian Options
- Veggie Supreme vegetarian sandwich at Board & Brew: Cheddar and jack cheese, cucumber, mayo, onions, lettuce, tomato & sprouts topped with avocado on squaw bread. Also make a mean Grilled Cheese.
- Veggie burger at Hodad’s located throughout the ballpark.
- Delectable, wood-fired Vegetariana vegetarian pizza at Buona Forchetta
- A modern classic, the Veggie Dog at any Ballpark Eats stand
- Yes you can bring in your own food
Petco Park Insider is a guide to help fans enjoy events and baseball games in downtown San Diego. Join the conversation on Twitter @PetcoParkSD or contact us about information posted on this website. For questions about tickets and stadium experiences, call 619-795-5000 or contact the Padres.
You may also enjoy: