In the time since Petco Park first opened, the San Diego beer scene has exploded. Inside the park is no exception, with high octane hops washing away the leak-inducing legacy of watered-down corporate domestics. For beer fans visiting San Diego Padres games, here’s our new guide to help map out the menu of craft beers and microbrews in and around Petco Park.
“Beer needs baseball, and baseball needs beer – it has always been thus.”
First things first, let’s address the pink elephant in the room: the COVID
-19 pandemic. In order to reduce contact and spread of germs, all beer must be ordered with the MLB App
. You must wear your mask when you are not drinking (please be respectful of those around you, particularly as the alcohol begins to relax your good judgment). And beer will not be sold at your seat by vendors walking down the aisles.
Just open up the app and look for the “Beer Me” tab. And appreciate you won’t have to miss as much of the game standing in line. You will get a text when your order is ready to be picked up. Beer can be delivered to your seat.
Beer Menu 2021Canned Beer
Alesmith Hazy .394 Pale Ale
Ballast Point Sculpin IPA
Ballast Point Swinging Friar Ale
Coronado Weekend Vibes
Elysian Space Dust IPA
Green Flash Saturhaze IPA
Hodad’s Surf Punk Lager
Karl Strauss Boat Shoes Hazy IPA
Pizza Port Swami’s IPA
, Kooks IPA
, California Honey Ale & Chronic Amber
Beer Prices: How much does beer cost at Petco Park?
Prices range from $10 to $14.50. So about $1 a sip.
Essential stops outside the stadium
If you are visiting Petco Park and love beer, plan on spending some extra time at these places near the ballpark. (Note: not updated for 2021.)
- Bay City Downtown Tasting Room, 627 8th Ave. Indoor/outdoor areas with takeout growlers for tailgating
- Mission Brewery, 627 Eighth Ave, with indoor/outdoor space and recyclable plastic growlers for tailgating
- 10 Barrel Brewing, 1501 E St.
- Karl Strauss, 1157 Columbia, one of the local pioneers with great food
- Stone Brewing Tap Room, 795 J St.
- Resident, 1065 4th Ave.
- Half Door Brewing Co., 903 Island Ave.
- Bolt and Ballast Point in Little Italy (as well as Bottlecraft shop)
- Coronado Brew Pub, 170 Orange Avenue in Coronado, take the ferry across the bay!
- Neighborhood, 777 G St. for great selection of local beers
- Bub’s, already a Padres pregame institution, where sports bar and good beer meet
- Full list of nearby bars
Annual Beer Events during baseball season
is ordinarily held multiple times throughout the year, though unlikely in 2021. Also June is Craft Beer Month in San Diego.
We should have put this at the top of the page. Designated Driver kiosks are at section 108, 208 and 313. Please have one member of your group visit these or any Guest Services stand to sign up for the Designated Driver Program. Must visit before the 5th inning.
RestroomsWhere to Find a Restroom
Read the 9 essential beers to drink at Petco Park.
We welcome your feedback. Please share this guide! There are nearly 100 different beers from 30 breweries inside Petco Park.
Petco Park Insider is your guide to enjoying games in San Diego at the Padres baseball stadium. Please join the conversation on Twitter @PetcoParkSD or contact us at Petco Park Insider.
You may also enjoy: