In the time since Petco Park first opened, the San Diego beer scene has exploded. Inside the park is no exception, with high octane hops washing away the leak-inducing legacy of watered-down corporate domestics. With all the craft beer drinking going on around the stadium, San Diego might need to rename their team to something with a little more hops and grain to it. San Diego Porters? The Pint-dres? We’ve got it… the San Diego IPA-dres.
For beer fans visiting San Diego Padres games, here’s our new guide to help map out the menu of craft beers and microbrews in and around Petco Park.
“Beer needs baseball, and baseball needs beer – it has always been thus.”
2021 Top Beer List
Alesmith Cloud Stream, Hazy .394 Pale Ale, San Diego Pale Ale .394
Alpine OG Lemon Haze
Ballast Point Sculpin IPA
, Swinging Friar Ale, Wee Gus American Light
Coronado Weekend Vibes
Elysian Space Dust IPA
Green Flash Saturhaze IPA
, Tropical DNA
Golden Road Mango Cart
Hodad’s Boss Brew Kölsch, Hesher IPA
, Surf Punk Lager
Karl Strauss Boat Shoes Hazy IPA
, Aurora Hoppyalis IPA
Pizza Port Swami’s IPA
, Kooks IPA
, Bacon & Eggs, Coastal Access, California Honey Ale & Chronic Amber
Resident No-No Joe’s Double IPA
Beer Prices: How much does beer cost at Petco Park?
Prices range from $10 to $14.50. So about $1 a sip.
Essential stops outside the stadium
If you are visiting Petco Park and love beer, plan on spending some extra time at these places near the ballpark. (Note: not updated for 2021.)
- Bay City Downtown Tasting Room, 627 8th Ave. Indoor/outdoor areas with takeout growlers for tailgating
- Mission Brewery, 627 Eighth Ave, with indoor/outdoor space and recyclable plastic growlers for tailgating
- 10 Barrel Brewing, 1501 E St.
- Karl Strauss, 1157 Columbia, one of the local pioneers with great food
- Stone Brewing Tap Room, 795 J St.
- Resident, 1065 4th Ave.
- Half Door Brewing Co., 903 Island Ave.
- Bolt and Ballast Point in Little Italy (as well as Bottlecraft shop)
- Coronado Brew Pub, 170 Orange Avenue in Coronado, take the ferry across the bay!
- Neighborhood, 777 G St. for great selection of local beers
- Bub’s, already a Padres pregame institution, where sports bar and good beer meet
- Full list of nearby bars
Annual Beer Events during baseball season
is held multiple times throughout the year. Also June is Craft Beer Month in San Diego.
We should have put this at the top of the page. Designated Driver kiosks are at section 108, 208 and 313. Please have one member of your group visit these or any Guest Services stand to sign up for the Designated Driver Program. Must visit before the 5th inning. Also yes you can bring water into the ballpark
RestroomsWhere to Find a Restroom
Read the 9 essential beers to drink at Petco Park.
We welcome your feedback. Please share this guide! There are nearly 100 different beers from 30 breweries inside Petco Park.
Petco Park Insider is a guide to help fans enjoy events and baseball games in downtown San Diego. Join the conversation on Twitter @PetcoParkSD or contact us about information posted on this website. For questions about tickets and stadium experiences, call 619-795-5000 or contact the Padres.
You may also enjoy: