It may surprise you to learn there are nearly 30,000 parking spaces within a short walk (under 20 minutes) to Padres stadium. If you prepare yourself with a little local knowledge, parking near Petco Park for a Padres game is actually pretty painless.
Need a spot near Petco Park for your upcoming baseball game or event downtown? Make your trip to Petco Park stress-free by reserving a guaranteed parking spot in a lot in advance. Start here
Reserve Spots In Advance
You can book your parking spot at the Petco Park SpotHero Parking Page. Just choose your event and you see available spots and a map of parking lot options with some rates discounted as much as 50% off.
If you prefer to snag an aftermarket ticket, take a look at what SD Padres season ticket holders are selling on VividSeats.
How Much Does Parking Cost At Petco Park?
Parking lots at the ballpark are not cheap, ranging from $10-$40 depending on how close to the stadium you are. Parking lot spaces are available downtown for as low as $5, but expect to walk a considerable distance from the game. The cheapest spots are the furthest ones from the ballpark.
Parking Garages Nearby
6th & K Parkade — 1,000 spaces located 298 at 6th Ave between K & L St. Literally across the street from the main gate. $15
525 B Street — 600 spaces.
Park-It-On-Market — 500 spaces, Market & 6th.
Manchester Grand Hyatt — 700 spaces at 1 Market Place (cross the pedestrian bridge)
Parking Locations & Details
Ace parking lots open 1 1/2 to 2 hours before the first pitch on game day. Premium locations will open up to 3 hours before the game. All locations stay open until 2:00 a.m.
Padres Game Parking Tips
- Take the Trolley - that's the #1 answer for a reason. If you live outside of town you can drive to Qualcomm Stadium or Old Town for free and take the trolley, or uber/lyft to the nearest trolley station.
- Park AWAY from the stadium. SD weather is beautiful, the people are friendly, the bars and restaurants are plentiful. Park in Little Italy, or even as far as Balboa Park and simply stroll. The introduction of Lime Bike gives another interesting option to justify parking a little further out.
- Your best chance for cheap parking near Petco Park is to arrive around 5:00 and grab a street spot as the work day is end and downtown employees head home. Feed the meter a few quarters until 6pm and enjoy the free parking afterwards.
- Some of the best parking spaces are across the street from the stadium at the Convention Center lot ($10-$15).
- Leave your car at home and take a taxi or bus
- Gain an edge by arriving just a little bit early. We all have the same plan so just 5 or 10 minutes ahead of the rush can make a huge difference.
- Parking tickets downtown cost
$30 $42.50. Pay careful attention to posted signs and painted curbs
- Plan your exit and park accordingly. You can save an hour by parking on the right street facing the right direction.
- Parking is easy if you take LYFT or uber (new signups get free credit!)
- Move downtown! Vacant condos are easier to come by than vacant parking spaces.
- Buy your parking in advance (See below)
Purchase Padres Parking In Advance
Before you head downtown, take a look at SpotHero. You can purchase a spot in advance and your parking is 100% guaranteed — even if the location otherwise fills up. Simply present your confirmation at the lot, no additional payments or fees ever. View real-time availability and pricing at many locations within easy walking distance to Petco Park by clicking below.
Handicapped Parking At Petco Park
San Diego Padres games are meant to be enjoyed by everyone, win or lose. Parking in the Gaslamp is always an ordeal but some arrangements have been made to make things a little easier for guests with disabilities who would normally have access to handicapped parking spaces.
Parking structures vary in price based on their convenience to Petco Park. But each one makes available a designated number of handicap spaces for guests with disabilities.
In addition, there are two areas for disabled guests to be dropped off, the entrance at 6th Avenue and K Street, and at the other side of the park, 10th Avenue and Park Boulevard.
The Padres also publish a full guide for guests with disabilities
on their website.
Parking Meters & Downtown San Diego Parking Rules
On-street parking is available for those with the luck/patience to find it. Parking at meters is free on Sundays and outside of the hours posted. It used to be free to park in meter spaces downtown after 6pm, convenient for Padres fans heading to a game downtown after work. Now, in a zone of the Gaslamp near Petco Park, parking meter usage will be enforced between 10am and 8pm. The streets included are between Broadway and Harbor Drive, from 1st Avenue to 7th Avenue, just west of Petco Park. If you park to the east, you are all clear. You may park for free after 6pm. The real key to on-street parking in downtown San Diego is to be sure to know your painted curb rules.
Petco Park Insider is a guide for fans to enjoy San Diego Padres baseball games and other events and experiences at the Padres ballpark. Please add to the conversation on Twitter @PetcoParkSD or contact this website. For issues related to the team or the stadium, contact the Pddres
You may also enjoy: